Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #3: 8 1/2 (1963)

Yes, I know, it's completely appalling that someone who just recently completed their film degree had not yet seen Frederico Fellini's masterpiece 8 1/2 (1963). Trust me, there will be several films on this list that I believe I should have already seen, and I'm glad to have the time and ability to explore them.

Fellini's 8 1/2 is a film that I immediately knew I would have to watch again. Besides its absorbing story and beautiful characters, it's full of things to take in and I simply don't think that it can be fully grasped with just one viewing. The struggles of being a director, the uncertainties of life and the choices made throughout it are viewed through Guido Anselmi, a man who seems lost in deliberations on love, women and his art. Take the time to view this film, which has been lauded as one of the most important films ever created, and if you're like me you'll somehow be affected to your soul without quite knowing why.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I saw more films in the year I was out of school than I ever did during my undergrad. Now you have time! xx