Monday, January 11, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #12: Sunshine Cleaning (2008)

I'm writing this, my eyes still red, after watching one of the best films I've seen in a while. It's not what I expected it to be, but it was full of heart and I never once checked the clock to see how much longer it would be. Sadly, that's been happening a lot this past year. Films don't seem to keep my attention for very long, I often have to preoccupy myself with something else while I watch just to get through them. This time, I was so taken in that I forgot my computer was on my lap. Amy Adams and Emily Blunt play sisters perfectly, their roles are believable and emotions seem genuine. I was lost in their lives, and even felt as if I was a part of them. I don't want to go off saying this film was an utter masterpiece, it has its flaws, but it just makes me so happy to watch a film that captured me for the first time in a long time.

No comments: