Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #23: Outsourced (2006)

I sort of rented this on a whim, not knowing too much about it except that a friend told me it was good about a year ago. It pleasantly surprised me; I liked the story, of a man sent to India to train the people who were taking over his office's jobs, and how he falls for a smart Indian girl. It could have been a little more lively though. I felt like director John Jeffcoat really tried, but didn't quite capture what it was like to be caught up in a bustling new world full of shocks to the senses. I wish there were more films like this one, however; films that take someone out of their comfort zone, travelling and experiencing new cultures. I feel like this could help us understand what it's like for people to move here, to have everything they know be turned around.

Overall, it was entertaining and nice, with likable actors (led by Josh Hamilton and Ayesha Dharker) and light comedy, but nothing really jumped out at me to say "HEY! I'm awesome!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this movie. It was almost perfectly like being lost in India. My entire family couldn't keep from laughing through the entire movie, as it reminded us of experiences that we had.