Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #55: Gentlemen Broncos (2009)

I never really liked Napoleon Dynamite. Eagle vs. Shark was painful to sit through, and yet when my lovely co-worker Ryan suggested I watch Gentlemen Broncos because of Sam Rockwell's splendor, I thought, "Hey, why not." I really should have followed my instincts, because Jared Hess's kind of humour just isn't mine. I find it boring, annoying and awkward, and I believe I have learned my lesson. Rockwell was at least somewhat amusing, and I liked the idea of a young guy's sci-fi fantasies coming to life throughout the film, but I mostly felt uncomfortable. It's not that I dislike films about awkward people, I just don't feel amused in any way by this kind of comedy. If you loved Dynamite and Shark, then by all means you should watch and you will love this movie.

No comments: