Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #45: The Crazies (1973)

I've never been a horror connoisseur, in fact I'm known at GenX for my fervent dislike of the genre, but I decided to send caution to the wind and check out George Romero's fourth foray into the world of cinematic creations. Luckily for me, The Crazies isn't actually scary. At all. It's actually laughable how scary this film isn't. It's about a town that gets quarantined when a virus is leaked into the water system, and the whole population starts to go crazy. A select few, including the all American firefighter Clank and his nurse girlfriend Judy, manage to escape the quarantine and attempt to fight off the masked military men as some of their group go insane. The themes are cool, the incest, not so much.

I imagine this film is one for big Romero fans, though I'm sure its lack of zombies will hinder even the most loyal of viewers from enjoying it.

No comments: