Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mike the Boss - Films of 2010 - Film the Seventeenth: Kill Buljo

Kill Buljo (2007) (dir: Tommy Wirkola)

I REALLY enjoyed Wirkola’s last film, Dead Snow, which was a nazi-zombie, comedy-horror splatterfest. So why not check out his previous film, the Norwegian low-comedy Tarantino tribute film, Kill Buljo? Apparently Tarantino liked the film and surely it couldn’t be that bad could it?

Oh silly me. It is that bad. Maybe if I was Norwegian I might have enjoyed the film because perhaps there is a hidden meaning to everything I watched but I’m not so I didn’t. I’m pretty sure it was racist too.

Anyway, hick from the country has his entire wedding party slaughtered by a mean gangster and he takes revenge in “hilarious” fashion. Boobs, snowmobiles, idiocy, they are all here. You won’t care though. Just avoid it.

No comments: