Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #53: The Lost Boys (1987)

I have always found Dianne Wiest really irritating. After watching The Lost Boys, I've discovered that she is still quite irritating.

The Lost Boys has been getting a bit of hype since its lead Corey Haim died about two weeks ago, and when some friends asked if I wanted to watch it I figured, "Hey, what the heck." And, well, it's not that I regret that decision, it's just that this film isn't really that good. In fact, the only times I enjoyed it was when I was laughing at it. I did enjoy seeing Alex Winter (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure), thought the Grandpa was kick ass and found Keifer Sutherland sort of interesting to look at, in a "wow, he was pretty fucked up back then" kind of way. I think I just missed the time in my life when watching this would have made it cool in any way, like how I love Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure even though it's probably a pretty shitty movie.

I would do my usual "watch this if you like kitschy teen movies from the 80s" bit, but I really don't want to recommend this to anyone.

No comments: