Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wendy's Films of 2010 #31: I Love You, Man (2009)

My crush on Paul Rudd began in the mid nineties when I saw Clueless for the first time. Since then there have been ups (Anchorman) and downs (Anchorman), but his boyish grin and offbeat style of comedy have always swept me off my derrière. I must say I laughed my ass off with I Love You, Man; I didn't expect to, but sitting alone in my house with a bowl of pasta and Paul Rudd proved to be a fantastic afternoon delight. Rudd plays a guy who's never really had any guy friends and needs to find a best man; after a series of man dates he meets up with Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother). With the face like a puppy and the mouth of a sailor, Segel charms his way into your heart by pulling stunts that might put any other guy in the dog house. I rather enjoy this form of comedy; it's awkward without being uncomfortable and the chemistry between Rudd and Segel made this a bona fide epic bromance.

No comments: