Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wendy's "Films" of 2010 #59: How I Met Your Mother, Season 1 (2005)

Nearly everyone I know has been blabbering on about How I Met Your Mother for about the past four years, and I never really wanted to hop on the bandwagon. So, until now, I avoided it, but decided recently that I should see what all these people are crapping their pants over. It's pretty good! Not excellent, but there are certainly moments of sheer amusement. I would watch the second season, maybe not next week, but perhaps this year. Of course Neil Patrick Harris is the shining pinnacle of awesome in the show, as you've probably heard, and he definitely gets the best lines. Freeze frame high five, anyone? (That'll probably get old soon, but I'm enjoying it for the moment.) The rest of the cast is great; everyone fits in; no one is annoying, yet, though Ted is close. We'll have to see how long the rest of the series can keep up the search for Ted's future wife and still remain worth watching.

No comments: